Good things for a Friday:
- Reese went to Danielle the babysitter's house this morning. He had a great time playing with her daughter and Xander and I enjoyed the chance to be alone together while Griff was at his last day of camp.
- a friend sent me an email message that absolutely made my day, helped me to feel loved and connected, and made the trials of dealing with a scratching/hitting 3 y/o, a teething infant, and their attention-starved 5 y/o brother much more bearable today
- reading words from another friend about kindness led me to another way of thinking about a stressful situation
- at Panera, I stood in line behind a lady wearing a Life is Good shirt and the smiley guy on the back of her shirt added to my good mood...especially when she was joined by a friend who was also wearing a LIG shirt. Who can feel anything but good when faced by two of these little guys?
- Griff is planning a trip to NYC
- I got the urge to take pictures through a kaleidoscope, and then thought I'd see what happens when I take video through it. The result was sortof magical and mesmerizing and I felt like I'd found a small part of the lost version of me for a moment. It's a little jerky and blurry, hardly an Oscar-winner, but I like how the blur makes it seem organic, like cells dividing in a petri dish. If you want, you can click on it...turn the video volume off (it's just background noise), find a 3-minute song you like, and chill out for a few.
I know, that was kindof dorky...but it was fun to do. Makes me remember the nifty glass/oil kaleidoscopes that were sold in the store I worked in during college.