Ok, I know, I ranted a lot in early September. This is what comes with being an idealist who lives in her head a lot. Hope I didn't chase anybody off.
I just got finished with a pile of updates that have been waiting for the last two weeks. I think Sept 21 is the first new one, and you might have to use the Sept 08 archive link on the left to find it. Aside from the Sept 30 "9 Things" anti-school vent, none of them are ranty, and lots of them have pretty pictures.
In the blogosphere...my friend Jen just started a knitting/crocheting blog, virkasticka. Go see.
Around here we are trying to get the house ready to sell, but it feels impossible when there are new messes to clean every day. We keep moving the list date back. Right now we're supposed to go live on my birthday, Oct 12. Best present ever? Selling at the open house. Can you wrap it up for me?
We're also trying to have some fun amid the work, which involves stuff like going to our favoritest annual event ever, the State Fair of Virginia. I have other adventures in the planning stages and we're trying to juggle that with running around to schools and meeting everybody's needs and cleaning and packing and planning and eventually moving.
- Dan blogs (really, he says he wants to!): learn why he recently received an ovation in Barnes and Noble, read about his trip to St. Louis, hear about the inappropriate game he invented while reading fortunes on tea bag tags
- short videos of Reese playing with millipedes, Xander at the state fair, maybe more
- photo albums of St. Louis trip and 2008 State Fair of Virginia
- my birthday!!! you're on notice, 11 days to go, you know you wanna buy me a present ;)
- closing on the new house Oct 31 (unless we can get it pushed to Nov 3, put off that first mortgage payment until Jan, yay), moving in mid-November (have to get some floors refinished and wallpaper torn down first)