9 little things about our new (old) house:
1. Original octagonal molded glass doorknobs + box of original keys (future project: match keys to keyholes).
2. Flushing the toilet while somebody is in the shower results in boiled (yet clean) showeree.
3. Spider crickets in the basement. AKA camel crickets, cave crickets, or rhaphidophoridae to you entymology types.
4. The conifer in the front yard (note to self, research its name) sheds enormous quantities of dead needle clusters and cones.
5. Nifty toe kick heater under the kitchen sink.
6. The heart pine floors upstairs almost seem to glow right after they're dusted.
7. 1920s toilet in the first floor powder room.
8. Hooray for cooking with gas!
9. Toasty radiators.