1. By playing with the menus on my camera, I discovered how to take photos in black & white (rather than remove their color in post-processing).
2. Family trip to Starbucks. Not really a rare occurrence, but it happened, so I'm telling you.
3. Bowling. First time I've gone in...um...huh...not sure how long. A decade or more? Can't be possible, but I suspect that's the case. Kids' first time, obviously. Griff and Reese were both huge fans, Xander got in on the action, everybody was totally happy through 7 frames and were fine through the 10th, so it seems one game is the perfect length for us. Griff wants his birthday party there in January.
4. Ran into Griff's friend Logan and his family at the bowling alley. Happy birthday, Logan!
5. Lusted after bowling shoes. I'm not sure why they're cool. They're certainly not terribly comfortable. Yet I want to steal them every time. Why is that? (And no, I won't ever steal them, I have a super-sensitive ethical gag reflex.)
5. Ditched the black and white settings an went for VIVID COLOR at the illumination night of Lewis Ginter's GardenFest of Lights. The RVA Hoop Lovers put on a show before and after the countdown and we really enjoyed the effects of their LED hoops.
6. We froze our butts off at GardenFest! Why do we always go on the first truly freezing night of the year? Had a great time nevertheless.
7. All of these photos were taken on fully-manual. This could not have happened at all a year ago or even half a year ago. I'm pretty proud. And, erm, modest. Ha.