It's nearly December, and I should probably erase the "beachy top 10" list on the dry erase board in our kitchen hallway. It greets me every morning at the foot of the stairs and reminds me of the great time we had with our friends in Corolla last summer. Alas (woe!), I need the board space for new memories and new plans, so I'm copying the summer 10 as a little bit of sunshine before we dive into the cold months.
Beachy Top 11*
1. Daddy staying with us all day for a whole week. - Griffin
2. "The mermaid was awesome." - Reese
3. "Wala boat!" - Xander**
4. Ben's martinis. - Dan
5. Kids digging for clams and sand fleas. - Jess
6. Getting kids excited about the sand castle. - Dan
7. Naked Pool!!! (see above)
8. "I got to play Super Mario." - Griff
9. BUGS - Jess
10. Seeing our friends all week! - everybody
11. Being part of the no-shirt club. - Griff*
*#11 added by Griffin this afternoon. The kids formed a "naked club" which had daily meetings. Griff, the oldest member, opted to remain clothed from the waist down.
**Xander was enthralled with all the boats, water, and bridges.