When we moved last year, the movers set up the crib, and they did it wrong. One of the bolts was put into the wrong place, and it left a small gap in the frame. I couldn't get the under-bed drawer to sit on its rails, and investigated, and discovered the problem. The bolt they used is just barely different from bolts used in other parts of the bed, and didn't fit into the nut well enough to pass through it, so it got stuck. They stripped the wood around the nut holding the bolt in place, so I couldn't get it back out; the bed was stable so I left it for the day when I needed to dismantle the crib. I wasn't sure how I would do that, short of a sledgehammer.
Well, I needed to lower the mattress, so I started taking out bedding, and then had a moment with no kids climbing on me and got all manic and Ms. Fixit-y, and started taking apart the bed one bolt at a time (I've disassembled and reassembled it before). Through enormous application of force and an ingenious (if I do say so myself) application of a screwdriver to brace the nut, I managed to pry the mismatched bolt out. I then took a guess at where the right bolt might be and removed one at a time, comparing bolts, until I found it (it took 2 or 3 tries). Everything went in nice and tight, hooray!
Movers of the world: if it doesn't fit together, you're doing it wrong. First rule of anything: don't force it.
Ok, so then I had the bed mostly put back together, sans the front rail. Well, it turns out the bed can be converted into a daybed, and since the other two boys were sleeping in a twin-sized bed by Xander's age, I decided, hey, let's try it! So we're front-rail-less now. Xan was concerned and asked for his "nap" (the missing bed part), but I moved it to the attic, showed him where it was, and talked up the big boy bed. So, here we go on the slow transition of the crib out of the house. Crossing fingers...