It's almost here, really! Actually, it feels like summer already, as noted over yonder. This evening some very dirty Hardy Boys and I hung out in the back yard and fat dark clouds, the kind that only come before summer thunderstorms, threatened to douse us the whole time.
I found a few excellent bugs, which I will also note on the Spark side. The boys, who were already filthy from playing in the dirt at school, found some sidewalk chalk and entertained themselves with it. Xander noted every passing plane, as documented in the photo above. It makes me laugh every time - this tiny little person pointing and yelling "a plane! a plane!"
Sabot's end-of-year closing circle and picnic are on Friday. Maybe I should pull Griff out of school for that. He still has 14 days left of school, as he informed me this evening, and on June 3 the kindergarten classes are putting on a show (also followed by a picnic) about fish. Dan tells me that the word on the street is that the production is LONG. Griff tells me that his part is toward the end. Hooo, boy. We plan to take video. Be nice to us or we'll subject you to it.
* mostly bumming around, having small adventures, hanging out with friends
* hopefully lots of ice cream truck purchases and park playdates and, if the humidity doesn't kill me, walks to Carytown
* swimming lessons for Griff? maybe even for Reese?
* some kind of birthday party for Reese. He wants a pirate party at home. I want some other theme at a playground. Birthday boy wins?
* week at the beach with the Allen-Shorts in late July
* figuring out what the hell I'm doing about schooling next year. I really wish I could confidently pick either homeschool or public school, move forward, and never angst over it again.
* finishing up our garden? I never did plant cukes or zukes or gourds, or the hummingbird-attracting flowers. The sunflowers I did plant didn't come up.
* fixing the patio. Maybe painting some rooms? Scrubbing out the basement?