My baby is 6 months old today! Several times lately I've looked in on him while he's napping and been caught off guard by how he's already turning into a little boy. Too fast, slow down! If not for the sleep deprivation, I'd keep him a baby forever.
How to describe little Alexander L. Hardy? (especially when my brain is too zapped to conjure up whole sentences?)
- He is sitting unsupported now, a skill that emerged through the month of May. Some days he topples over, some days he's a Weeble, some days he's rock-steady and plays independently (!!) for a half hour or more.
- Just over 4 months, he started acting really, really interested in my food. We occasionally gave him a smudge of something on our finger but now have started solids in earnest. So far the only "baby" foods I've introduced are these great newish frozen fruits and veggies. Other than that, he's getting bits of mushy table food. He LOVES fruits - one major perk to being a winter baby is that you get to start eating food right when summer fruits start ripening! You can tell if he really likes something if he talks while he's eating it. Mmmfgahmumbagammf = yum.
- He LOVES his brothers. When Griff is around, he can't focus on anything else and pretty much anything his eldest brother does is HILARIOUS. He was slower to warm to Reese but the two are now developing a really sweet and cuddly chemistry. I lub my boys.
- He begs for Daddy when Dan gets home. This isn't new, but it's still really cute.
- He just discovered the "baby in the mirror" and tries to grab and kiss his reflection.
- Another recent discovery: grass, leaves, twigs. Good stuff. Who needs toys?
- Weight estimate (hopping on scale with mommy): just shy of 17 lbs.
I'm sure there's more but my brain is toast.
I managed not to take any photos of him today. Some soon. :)